Welcome to the Crafty Kits 4 Kids giveaway event! Thirteen great blogs are participating in the craft giveaway. You are welcome to visit all participating blogs and enter in all the giveaways by clicking on their links at the bottom of this post.
Check out the dancing monster finger puppets Mini Me and I made and get a kit to make your own!
I made one first to see how it would turn out, then I let Mini Me in on the fun.
Scissors, glue, card stock for the monster body, colored or textured paper cut into desired shapes for fun monster add-ons, googly eyes, hair, aluminum foil teeth, sandpaper cut into desired shapes, chenille stems, stickers, crayons, markers, or anything else you choose to dress up your monster.
Step 1: Gather your supplies.
Step 2: Cut your desired monster shape out of card stock. I chose a "blobby" shape for my first one.
Step 3: Cut holes at the bottom of the monster. These are where your fingers will go to provide the monster's dancing legs so cut them the appropriate size.
Step 4: Add on your decorations - eyes, body parts, antennae, clothing, anything you wish to personalize your dancing monster.
I glued on sandpaper hands and one gigantic googly eye.
Next I coiled some chenille stems and glued them on for antennae.
Finally, I glued on my monster's hair. It's so beautiful!
Step 5: Get your monster's dancing legs ready and have a ball!
Here is Mini Me's monster. His monster body was a circle, and I made it "mini" just for him, so it wasn't big enough to fit all of the add-ons... but he still loved it.
He started with the eyes. He later danced his monster so much that the eyes popped off and we had to get out the hot glue gun. If you anticipate a lot of boogy action with the monsters, a glue gun might be better than glue stick or white glue.
Next he added hair, chenille ears, and stickers.
He is working so hard and his final product is so awesome!
We immediately had to dance our monsters and Mini Me promptly made up a dancin' and kickin' monster song that he sang the rest of the day (and soon, I was singing it, too). His dancin' monster also went with us to church and story time.
We love our monsters!
A few ways to use your very cool dancing monster finger puppets:
- Gather some friends, turn on some music, and have a dance party.
- Have a dance contest with either monsters only or monsters vs. children and see who wins with the best moves.
- Turn off the music and the monsters become actors and actresses in a creative skit.
- Get those monster legs ready (your fingers) and have a foot (finger) race! Who can run the fastest?
- Write a message on the back and send one to a friend as an invitation to a party, a 'just because' card, or a fun thank-you.
This Crafts 4 Kids kit includes:
- Three monster bodies with finger/leg holes already cut
- A variety of colored and textured paper shapes for decorative add-ons (sandpaper, vellum, embossed textures)
- Three sets of aluminum foil teeth
- A variety of brightly colored chenille stems
- Googly eyes in three sizes
- Black hair (beautiful!)
- A few stickers ('cause kids just have fun with stickers)
How to enter:
To enter, leave a comment on this post stating your favorite song/s to dance to. Also leave your email address so I can contact the winner. You do not have to be a follower of this site to win but we'd love to have you do so!
Open worldwide. Giveaway ends August 13th at 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn by random.org and announced on this blog as well as emailed. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. Email address must be in the post comment to win.